STA MEETS WITH DDC IN OCTOBER
On October 11, five representatives from the STA met with various officials at the New York City Department of Design and Construction (DDC) at their office in Queens.
In attendance from DDC were Magalie Austin, Chief Diversity and Industry Relations Officer, Oscar Gonzalez, Assistant Commissioner of Public Buildings, Nick Mendoza, ACCO, Jai Sookhai, EAO, and Chris Igineatu, EAO.
Among the topics discussed were:
- Disagreement on EA deductions and their resolution
- Payment delays
- Closeout delays
- Projects going out to “prequalified” GC’s with no public notice
- Timeliness of change order approvals and registration
- Contracts awarded and “proceed” orders given without the possibility to get DOB permits
- MWBE Vendor Approval and participation
If you would like to be involved in the next STA / DDC meeting, please contact the STA office at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-398-6220.