Solar Electric Systems, Inc.
Solar Electric Systems, Inc. is a professional, experienced electrical contracting and engineering company operating in Westchester, Fairfield, Putnam and Rockland Counties and the five boroughs of New York City.
We are a family-owned company that has been incorporated under the laws of The State of New York since 1975. We employ a staff of 25 management personnel and 150 – 200 union employees.
Our philosophy is to provide the best-suited and most cost-effective electrical installations backed by a skilled team of project managers. We have developed a team of project managers, engineers and support staff that is essential to deliver the best electrical solutions for the best value.
We are members of the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) and the New York Electrical Contractors Association (NYECA). Our President and Executive Vice President have held and continue to hold various memberships on the Negotiating Committee, Labor Management Committee and Apprenticeship Committee for Local Union No. 3, I.B.E.W. respectively.
We work in all aspects of the electrical industry for a broad range of clients in various sectors including residential, commercial, institutional, municipalities, studios and theatres, financial, media, educational, utility, sports and recreation, transportation, healthcare and pharmaceutical.
Some of our company’s recent major accomplishments/major projects are as follows:
– 55 Bank Street: At 16 stories tall, features a mix of luxury studio, one and two-bedroom apartment homes
– 160 Leroy: A 12 story building and offers 57 one of a kind luxury condos conceptualized by Ian Schrager and designed by Herzog & de Meuron
– Riverside Center Building 3: Stands 39 floors tall and features 272 spacious and stylish residential apartments
– Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.: Complete build-out of office and laboratory buildings
– Cornell Tech Campus, Roosevelt Island: Campus wide roof top PV installations, Verizon project
– Construction of a New Marine Transfer Station for the NY Department of Sanitation. Work includes demolition of existing Transfer Station, dredging in area of new Transfer Station, environmental work, underground utilities, specialties, electrical work including instrumentation and testing of all equipment.
– Atlantic Yards B2: As the tallest modular building in the world, 461 Dean Street is 34 stories and houses 363 residential units with amenities including a sky lounge, rooftop terrace and fitness center.
We joined the Subcontractors Trade Association to come together with other subcontractors to have a stronger voice in the industry.