- When was your firm founded?
- Who founded your firm?
Austin Conti & Jose Cueva
- Where is your firm based?
- How big is your firm?
Tenna currently has 116 employees throughout the United States.
- Is the company a family-owned business?
- What have been some of the firm’s major accomplishments; major projects?
Tenna is constantly innovating and evolving to adapt to the latest technology and meet industry and customer needs. Two examples of this are the TennaBLE Beacon Steel Puck and Tenna’s Resource Management software product offering.
- The TennaBLE Beacon Steel Puck is an innovative, award-winning piece of highly durable hardware designed by Tenna in the field in response to the need to track assets such as attachments and parts that get aggressive use in rough construction environments in a reliable manner. Encased in steel, the puck gets welded onto assets for added ruggedness, and sends out regular heartbeats which are recognized as location updates by the Tenna platform.
- Tenna’s Resource Management, another award-winning product, is the first construction specific dispatch solution for mixed asset fleets leveraging telematics-based insights. This groundbreaking product was derived from a specific industry need and each feature was meticulously developed based on the feedback from over 125 hours of interviews with our contractor partners. With Tenna’s construction Resource Management software, field personnel can reserve assets along with related labor and crews they need for their projects, make requests and reservations and coordinate moving equipment and materials between locations. Logistics and equipment managers can leverage the construction scheduling and dispatch functionality to efficiently dispatch those resources to the jobsite or the maintenance shop. Unlike other dispatching solutions which are siloed and rely on a manual element, Tenna empowers everyone on the team – from PMs, supers and engineers, to drivers and laborers. Everyone has access and can play their part in the automation of resource requests, planning, and dispatching performed by the logistics and equipment managers.
- Tenna has been ranked as #1 among Verizon and Samsara in Fleet Maintenance Products by Capterra, GetApp and Software Advice, along with the ranking of ‘Leader’ in both the Asset Management and Asset Tracking categories by G2.
- Where does Your firm operate-just NY or other areas?
Tenna operates throughout the United States and Canada.
- What have been some of the unique traits of the firm?
- Tenna was built on more than 100 years of experience in the construction industry, experiencing industry challenges firsthand, which led us to designing and building a construction-specific solution to equipment management. We leverage our extensive knowledge and expertise in the construction industry as the foundation for our constantly evolving construction technology platform. We’ve been where contractors are and understand the complexities of a construction business. We provide visibility and relevant insights which improve workflows and provide a competitive edge.
- In a market oversaturated with unfocused tracking companies serving many industries, Tenna is unmatched as the premier, total equipment management solution for contractors going beyond just a dot on a map. From Utilization, Maintenance, Inspections and Resource Management to Integrations with OEMs, ERPs and Project Operations software, Tenna is a total solution with tracking and management capabilities for everything in a contractor’s mixed equipment fleet. Tracking providers treat their product like a commodity and their users like a number. Tenna is a true partner, offering a total solution.
- How has your firm been involved in the construction industry?
- Tenna and its employees are members of 55+ associations in the construction industry.
- Tenna enjoys educating the industry on current trends and topics through sessions at various local and national shows all over the country. Some examples include but are not limited to regional ABC, AGC and NUCA events, as well as AGC National, Trimble Dimensions+, ConExpo and many more.
- What are some challenges the firm has overcome?
Tenna has been challenged with breaking through an industry that is notoriously slow to adapt to change and adopt technology. Many contactors have become accustomed to manual entry and handwritten forms with major hesitancy to implement new procedures. Tenna combats this uncertainty with our best-in-class implementation and customer support (as well as a product that is purpose-built for the construction industry). Tenna provides role-based training and works closely with our contractors throughout the entire onboarding process, and installation occurs in person and onsite. While other companies may simply send trackers in the mail leaving the client to fend for themselves, Tenna is proud to partner with our customers and ensure that they are all properly trained and informed. After implementation, each contractor receives a designated Customer Success Manager that works closely with their team through the entire journey together. This personal touch enables Tenna to meet and overcome the challenge of changing human behavior and helping contractors adopt new tech.
- What does the firm think its legacy has been for the NY construction industry?
Tenna seeks to provide construction companies with a better way to manage and track their mixed asset fleet using real-time data and analytics. Through thoughtful understanding and industry expertise, we help our customers go beyond a dot on a map. Tenna currently brings value to numerous NY-based contractors of various sizes and we look forward to continuing to serve the NY area and beyond to help our partners save both time and money and ultimately become more competitive.
- Why did you join the Subcontractors Trade Association?
Tenna joined STA to network and educate the STA membership on the value of a comprehensive equipment management platform and technology adoption in the modern industry. Tenna combines innovative software with state-of-the-art hardware to enable our customers to manage their mixed fleet of assets more efficiently. Tenna allows contractors to know more, control more and MAKE more. We are excited to be members of STA of NYC.