Dear STA Members,
We are coming up on the most exciting time of year for the association – the annual Construction Awards Gala taking place on Wednesday, April 13, 2022.
I would like to introduce our readers to the distinguished 2022 honorees of the gala:
- Builder of the Year: Christopher Asaro, President of Holt Construction Corp.
- Silver Shovel of the Year: Richard Smyth, Project Director of the New Terminal One
- Subcontractor of the Year: Anthony Mann, President & CEO of E-J Electric Installation Co.
- Labor Leader of the Year: Lenny Legotte, President & Business Manager of International Union of Elevator Constructors, Local 1
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Louis J. Coletti, President & CEO of Building Trades Employers’ Association of New York (BTEA)
Furthermore, I would like to appeal to all members, friends and supporters of our association. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the STA had to put pause most of our in-person fundraisers for nearly two years. This event will be our first in-person Construction Awards Gala since 2019. This is the STA’s biggest and most important fundraiser of the year, and to say we need to raise as much money as we can is an understatement. Whether it’s a half-page journal ad, a ticket to the gala or a major sponsorship – every little bit helps the STA continue to advocate, educate and advance New York City’s union subcontractors.
Please visit our event website to register or donate: https://stanyc.com/2022awards/. You can also contact Samantha Sweeney-Annarumma in the STA office with any questions at email@example.com.
I look forward to seeing many of you on April 13!
STA Board of Directors President