Subcontractors Trade Association
Atlantic Contracting & Specialties
STA PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE
BY JOSEPH LEO/President, STA Board of Directors
I would like to thank all who attended the STA’s N.Y.C. Opening reception which was held at the Club 101 on October 14. Over 110 attendees had an opportunity to network with one another and our honorees, in the first live STA event in Manhattan since the COVID pandemic back in March, 2020.
On behalf of the STA, I would especially extend our thanks to the STA Opening honorees, all of whom played an important part in keeping their jobs and programs open during the COVID-19 crisis. Those honorees are:
- Lorraine Grillo, Senior Advisor for Recovery for the City of New York;
- Rick Cotton, Executive Director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey;
- Folasade (Sade) Olanipekun-Lewis, Regional Director of Government and Airport Affairs for American Airlines;
- Mark Phillips, Director of Construction, Aviation at Holt Construction;
- Michael J. Garner, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer at the Metropolitan Transportation Authority;
- Nina Kubota, President and Chief Executive Officer at the New York City School Construction Authority;
- Jamie Torres-Springer, Commissioner of the New York City Department of Design and Construction.
As we head into 2022, the STA is planning for more “in person” events including our Annual Awards Dinner which we are working towards in April. More information will be made available on this event early in the New Year.
On behalf of the STA Board of Directors and Executive Advisory Board, I would like to wish all of our members and their families a safe and healthy Thanksgiving holiday!