A CALL FOR MEMBER PARTICIPATION
From time to time, I have reached out to our STA members for participation in our various committees. I am doing so again here in my message this month.
Especially in these uncertain times brought about by the COVID-19 crisis, the STA is looking for assistance in addressing the issues that are important to our members. More member involvement and participation results in a stronger and more effective STA. Among the committees for which I am soliciting your participation are the following:
- Legislative… addressing our STA legislative agenda in Albany;
- Public Agencies… interacting with state and city agencies such as NYCHA, DDC, SCA, DASNY to address ongoing business issues;
- Marketing & Communications… providing direction on the STA’s written and electronic media strategies with our membership, public officials, and the general public;
- Architects & Engineers Council… interacting with the design community to foster an understanding of their issues in the construction process and building bridges that result in a better and more effective working relationship;
- Young Professionals… recruiting industry professionals under the age of 40 to network with like professionals and serve as a springboard to more active participation in the STA.
The time commitment for participation in these committees is reasonable with meetings in many case being held no more that quarterly. For the time being, all committee meetings are being conducted in a virtual format.
We hope that you will become more involved in the STA!