Subcontractors Trade Association
A.J. McNulty & Co., Inc.
It’s that time of year again, and I can feel the buzz in the air. The STA’s Annual Construction Awards Dinner is just around the corner, and the excitement is building. On Thursday, April 2, we will gather together at the Grand Hyatt in what has become one of the industry’s hottest events. While the dinner is no doubt our biggest fundraiser, helping us remain the voice of New York City’s subcontractor community, it also provides an opportunity for us to celebrate those leaders who work tirelessly day in and day out to make this great City even better. Our 2020 honorees truly deserve this recognition.
This year’s honorees include:
- Builder of the Year: Eric Koester, Structure Tone
- Subcontractor of the Year: Kristine DeNapoli, KND Electrical Contracting Corp.
- Silver Shovel: Charles Avolio, Suffolk Construction
- Labor Leader of the Year: Nick Siciliano, Business Manager, Roofers Local 8
- Public Official of the Year: Honorable Rodneyse Bichotte, Member of Assembly, Chair of Subcommittee on Oversight of Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (MWBEs) Chair of Kings County Democratic Committee
- Lifetime Achievement Award: John DeLollis, Association of Wall Ceiling & Carpentry Industries
We will also be presenting our 2nd Annual Emerging Leaders Award to a slate of young professionals. Please feel free to nominate an up-and-coming employee from your firm by accessing the form here.
I look forward to seeing you all at the Grand Hyatt on April 2. It certainly will be a great night of networking and comradery, a chance to catch up with old and new friends alike. We drew over 600 attendees last year and expect to sell out quickly, so get your tickets while they last. Click here for the event website and to register online!